This course will prepare online students to employ skills needed in online coursework and the workplace. The course is presented in two semesters.
Semester 1 describes an overview of basic personal, professional, and self-management skills, including setting goals, professional communication skills, and time management and stress management techniques.
Semester 2 focuses on ways to improve study habits, to increase one’s memory and motivation, and to strengthen decision making and problem solving skills.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Commercial Driving I: Semester 1
- Commercial Driving I: Semester 1 Pretest
- Understanding Self-Esteem
- Setting Goals
- Learning Styles
- Professional Uses of Technology
- Security in Technology
- 21st Century Written Business Communication
- Time Management Overview
- Stress Management Overview
- Anger Management Overview
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Communication and Diversity
- Communication in the Workplace
- Sexual Harassment Awareness Overview
- Ethical Behavior
- Commercial Driving I: Semester 1 End of Semester Exam
Commercial Driving I: Semester 2
- Commercial Driving I: Semester 2 Pretest
- Basics of Note-Taking
- Reading Comprehension
- Understanding and Improving Study Habits
- Memory Techniques
- Test-Taking Skills
- Effective Environments for Learning
- Distractions and Deterrents of Educational Success
- What is Motivation?
- Trust and Motivation
- Change as a Motivator
- Embracing Change
- Critical Thinking Basics
- Problem Solving Model
- Decision Making
- Improving Decision Making
- Commercial Driving I: Semester 2 End of Semester Exam